All ACRJ In Person Inmate Visitation Suspended Until Further Notice
Click Visitation Update for More Information
A commissary is a store within the correctional institution that sells various products the inmates can purchase with their own funds. Often times the commissary sells clothing, shoes, snacks and food, as well as hygienic products like soap, shampoo and sodas.
1. Click here to send money to Inmates so they can order their own canteen.
2. Visit the Inmate Property page to see what basic items are given to the inmate upon arrival.
3. If an inmate becomes indigent, they will receive a “No Funds/Indigent” package that shall include basic hygiene products as well as stamped envelopes to mail general and legal correspondence.
4. To order canteen on the inmates behalf:
o Visit http://jailcanteen.com/ select Virginia, Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail.
o Orders can only be placed online and must be completed by Sundays at 10 pm. It could take up to 3 weeks for your order to be delivered to the Inmate due to processing.
5. Inmates that receive loss of canteen privileges will not be able to order or receive their canteen until after they are off restriction due to a jail rule violation.
o Note: If the Inmate comes off of this status on Thursday, they may order canteen.
6. If an Inmate comes off this status on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or an ACRJ recognized holiday, they will be given their canteen (if it is here at the facility) on Friday.
7. Orders placed while the inmate is on restriction will be held at the facility and given to the inmate once they come off restriction.
8. All items ordered by or for an inmate must fit into their gray box or will be discarded.
o The inmates are made aware of this rule.
9. Inmates have who are transferred or released must have their canteen picked up within 10 days of release or it will be donated to a charity. No refund is issued. Visit our Inmate Property Page
If you have any questions, please contact:
Mrs. Gequetta “G.” Murray-Key at email@example.com